Hotels in Johannesburg
Lowest Rates Guaranteed
• City Lodge Johannesburg International Airport
• Gold Reef City Casino Hotel
• IC Johannesburg Montecasino
• Mercure Inn Joburg Waterfro 2M
• Michelangelo on Sandton Square
• Orion Devonshire
• Park Hyatt Johannesburg
• Sandton Sun InterContinental
Location 67 Jan Smuts Avenue
The Westcliff offers exceptional luxury and is superbly positioned in the exclusive suburb of Westcliff, which is close to the elegant shopping and restaurant
|The Westcliff Johannesburg Map |
Back to top
||Fitness Center or Spa
|No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
||Modem Lines in Room
Back to top
|The Westcliff Johannesburg Property & Location|
- -JNB- Johannesburg International Airport is 40 kilometers north.
- Johannesburg, South Africa.
- The Carlton Panorama
The observation deck on the 50th floor of the Carlton Centre.
- The Gold Reef City
A reconstruction of gold rush era Johannesburg.
- Birding at Finfoot Lake Reserve
This birding site, located in the North-West Province, boasts over 350 species, with over 200 having been identified in a 24-hour period. Most of the usual thornveld species can be found as well as red-crested korhaan, and pied, black-collared and crested barbets among many others. In summer, many migrants arrive from the northern hemisphere and tropical Africa so birdwatching is at its best, while the dam itself attracts a large variety of water and waterside birds.
- Delta Park Environment Centre
A serene park with dams and a wide variety of birdlife.
- Kruger National Park
To the east of the city is the lowveld and Mpumalange, where a huge variety of game roams in the world-famous Kruger National Park.
- Johannesburg Zoological Gardens
Just minutes from the Central Business District and main freeways, yet suburban in character, this zoo has many exotic and rare animals, most of which come from Africa. The zoo offers a variety of tours such as night tours and behind-the-scenes tours, where off-stage activities are on view.
- Botanical Gardens
The gardens contain a bonsai garden, herbal garden, medical and literary garden and a 24-acre rose garden, believed to be the largest in the world.
- The Wilds
An 18-hectare park made up of two rocky ridges with a profusion of indigenous plants, four plant houses and numerous signposted walking paths. Guided tours available.
- Pilansburg National Park
The park encompasses a great tract of wild bush that covers the world's largest alkaline ring complex
a geological feature of volcanic origin. It contains The Big Five, including a newly acquired herd of young elephant. Guided game drives on open vehicles are available.
- Vaal Dam, Vaal River and Klipkraal Trail
Hikers keep the Vaal Dam in view during this two-day trail. A variety of waterbirds is attracted to the dam, which serves as a pleasant backdrop to the abounding highveld flora.
- The Wonder Caves at Kromandraai
Featuring some spectacular stalactites and stalagmites and located in a major nature reserve, home to several of Africa's Big Five.
- De Wildt Cheetah Farm
This breeding and research center is open on Saturdays.
- Heia Safari
Back to top
|The Westcliff Johannesburg Information|
- The Westcliff hotel is a short 10 minutes from the city center and just 20 minutes by car from Johannesburg International Airport. The Westcliff is close to the N3/ the main route to Pretoria/ as well as a major railway station/ and also the elegant shopping and restaurant districts of Rosebank/ Hyde Park and Sandton City. Created in the image of a mediterranean hillside village/ the Westcliff cascades down through landscaped gardens in a series of picturesque villas surrounded by lush greenery/sparkling fountains and cobbled pathways. The Westcliff offers a spectacular outdoor swimming pool with views of the zoological gardens/world-class dining/beauty spa and exercise room/ business center/bar and lounge/meeting and banqueting facilities/and accessible rooms. Services include butler service/24 hour room service and concierge services.
- The Westcliff hotel is located in Johannesburgs Westcliff area- a peaceful northern suburb providing easy access to the citys most popular business addresses and only 10 minutes from the city center. The hotel is 40 km from JNB international airport. Situated on a hillside overlooking the zoological gardens the Westcliff offers a haven of peace and tranquility and has the charming flavor of a mediterranean hillside village.
- All of The Westcliff's 115 spacious bedrooms are individually furnished and provided with fully-appointed, luxurious en-suite bathrooms. The rooms offer total privacy and most have sunny, private balconies with spectacular views. Non-smoking rooms, inter-leading rooms, executive business rooms, rooms with balconies, suites and paraplegic facilities are available on request. Telephones are provided in bathrooms, at bedsides and on each writing desk. Each telephone has voice-mail, wake-up call as well as a data port facility. A unique feature of The Westcliff Hotel is that all the rooms differ in terms of shape, layout and décor. Each of the 80 extravagantly sized bedrooms and 35 suites has been individually decorated by South Africas master designer, Graham Viney.Guest rooms
- The spacious Superior Rooms measure approximately 45 square meters with a king bed or twin beds, and include a desk, small seating area, satellite TV and VCR, three telephone lines, dataport, fax machine, digital safe, and ensuite bathroom with separate bath and shower, two basins and heated towel rack.Superior Rooms
APPROX 47SM SPACIOUS ROOM WITH 1 KING OR 2 TWIN BEDS. THESE LUXURIOUS ROOMS ARE ALL EQUIPPED WITH DESK/SATELLITE TV AND VCR/2 TELEPHONE LINES/DATA PORT/FAX MACHINE/ELECTRIC SAFE AND OVERSIZED MARBLE BATHROOM HAS A SEPARATE BATH AND SHOWER/TWO BASINS AND HEATED TOWEL RACK. MOST ROOMS HAVE A PRIVATE BALCONY/OVERLOOKING THE COURTYARD A1S
LUXURY 1 BEDROOM SUITES
APPROX 80SM. VERY SPACIOUS ONE-BEDROOM SUITE/WITH THEIR OWN PRIVATE LOUNGE/WITH ITS OWN TV AND SEPARATE BEDROOM. EQUIPPED WITH THE SAME FACILITIES AS OUR JUNIOR AND STUDIO SUITES. THESE LAVISHLY DECORATED SUITES ARE IDEAL FOR GUESTS WHO WANT TO ENTERTAIN OR CONDUCT PRIVATE MEETINGS. ALL SUITES HAVE A PRIVATE TERRACE WITH SPLENDID VIEWS OVER THE JOHANNESBURG AREA AND ZOOLOGICAL GARDENS.Luxury Rooms
- The very spacious Executive Luxury Rooms measure approximately 55 square meters with king bed or twin beds, and include a desk, seating area, satellite TV and VCR, three telephone lines, dataport, fax machine, digital safe, and ensuite bathroom with separate bath and shower, two basins and a heated towel rack. All rooms have a private balcony with splendid views over the zoo.Executive Luxury Rooms
DELUXE JUNIOR SUITES
APPROX 55SM. SPACIOUS ROOMS WITH KING OR TWIN BEDS ARE EQUIPPED WITH THE SAME FACILITIES AS OUR LUXURY ROOMS. IN ADDITION-THEY HAVE A